One of the most common neurological illnesses in dogs is seizure. according to a survey, it occurs between averages of 0.5 to 5.7 percent in almost all dogs. there are many names for seizures and they all represent the same illness like fits, epilepsy etc. Dog owners are highly recommended to be aware of the symptoms so that when they occur, they keep the dog on the floor so no harm can be done like injuries, falling etc.
For sensitive and very caring dog owners, seizures can be very shocking and upsetting. however, you need not panic. You need to treat your dog as soon as you see it attacked by the seizure. this is best done if you relax yourself and not wit for the vet to treat because if these seizures continue for a longer period of time, they can lead to heart stoke or hypothermia.
There are some symptoms which a dog shows when it undergoes seizure. they are as follows:
SOME SYMPTOMS OF DOG SEIZURE:
1. Your dog might show signs of discomfort, agitated, aggressive and also nervous. it is quite natural that when and if your dog undergoes a seizure, he would seek your attention and concentration. Your dog might now he is not feeling well and this would be quite visible from the way your dog reacts. it is up to you to reach out and check.
2. The seizure might last for a couple of minutes to some hours. it is important that you look after your dog and not leave it alone. Your dog might go in severe shock and might not respond to your touch and sound. His sensory organs go in a state of numbness. Your dog might also not respond to anything and goes in a “zone out” mode.
3. Your dog may start to shiver and lie down and paddle his paws uncontrollably. His jaw might become locked and teeth would be clenched tight. You dog might seem to be in an unconscious state and you might not be able to feel his breaths.
4. Your dog also might lose control of his excretory organ and might urinate or pass his stool while he is having a seizure.
5. Your dog might also try to stand up and run without any focus and concentration. it is very important that you keep your dog under guard lest he does not lose focus and injure himself.